Students: Parenting & Pregnancy at UCI

Parenting and pregnant students wanting to temporarily withdraw from the university may want to consider taking the following steps:

  • Contact the Disability Services Center (DSC) by calling their office at (949) 824-7494 and schedule an appointment with a Senior Disability Specialist
  • The Specialist will connect you with the correct counselor within your academic department (based on your major), who will work directly with you to manage your academic leave or temporary withdrawal from the university
  • Some students may not have to withdraw from the university, as there are online options available for some required classes

If you have any other questions, you may contact DSC directly through email at or (949) 824-7494.