House of Worship Tour
The House of Worship Tour program aims to educate UCI campus participants about the beliefs and practices of different faith traditions, highlight commonalities, explore the issues and challenges of religious diversity, and encourage open dialogue on and off campus.
The series consists of four guided site visits over two days. Participants will tour two local houses of worship each day. The sites include a synagogue (Jewish), a church (Christian), a temple (Buddhist), and a mosque (Islamic). Each site visit will be a combination of presentation and discussion. Shuttle transportation to and from all locations will be provided from the UCI general campus.
Participation in the program is open to all UCI staff and faculty and is free of charge. However, participants must have the full support of their supervisors to participate in this series and commit to attending the full two days.
To learn more about the world of faith, including beliefs, texts, worship, history, holidays, people and ethics related to these traditions, it is recommended that participants explore the following websites in advance of the tours:
DETAILS FOR THE FALL 2014 HOUSE OF WORSHIP TOUR
- Wednesday, November 12, 2014, from 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM
- Thursday, November 13, 2014, from 10:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- Christ Our Redeemer AMC Church - http://www.corchurch.org/, 46 Maxwell St., Irvine, CA 92618
- Congregation Shir Ha-Ma’a lot - http://www.shmtemple.org, 3652 Michelson Dr., Irvine, CA 92612
- Islamic Center of Irvine - http://www.icoi.net/, 2 Truman, Irvine, CA 92620
- Pao Fa Buddhist Temple - http://www.paofatemple.org/, 2692 Beckman Ave., Irvine, CA 92606
For more information about the series and to apply, please contact Raid Faraj at 949-824-5594 or firstname.lastname@example.org.