Faculty: Parenting & Pregnancy at UCI
Parenting & Pregnancy at UCI
- Nondiscrimination & Other Policies
- APM 711: Reasonable Accommodations for Academic Appointees with Disabilities
- APM 715: Family and Medical Leave
- APM 759: Other Leaves Without Pay
- APM 760: Family Accommodations for Childbearing and Childrearing
- APM 080: Medical Separation
- UC Guide: What to Do If You're Having a Baby
- UC Guide: Pregnancy, Newborn Child, and Adopted Child
- Campus Social Worker
- Childcare Services
- Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH)
- Disability Services Center
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Healthcare Facilitator
- Office of Equal Opportunity & Diversity (OEOD)
- Worklife and Wellness
If you are pregnant, you may file for Disability Leave. While on approved disability leave, you may be eligible to continue some of your UC sponsored benefits. Inability to work due to pregnancy is treated as any other disability under the terms of University-paid and employee-paid disability plans and applicable laws.
There are several steps you should take when filing for disability leave. For more information on these steps and how to complete them, visit the ZotPortal How To: File For Disability Leave page.
If you have any further questions regarding filing for pregnancy leave, please contact the Workers' Compensation and Disability Management Unit, (949) 824-9152, Fax (949) 824-9299, or send an email to email@example.com.
The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) entitles eligible employees of covered employers to take unpaid, job-protected leave for specified family and medical reasons with continuation of group health insurance coverage under the same terms and conditions as if the employee had not taken leave.
At UC Irvine, there are many components of the FMLA that you should know about as you file for family mrdical leave. Below are the UCI guidelines for filing for family medical leave.
- UCI Information Packet: Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and California Family Rights Act (CFRA)
To view more information regarding responsibilities, definitions, guidelines, effects on membership, and applicability, visit the UCI Official University Policies and Procedures page for Absence From Work, Policy 43: Leaves Related to Life Events.